Techniques for Managing Verbally Fourth Edition
Note : Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
Techniques for Managing Verbally & Physically Aggressive Students- Fourth Edition consists of positive, effective approaches for dealing with students who are verbally or physically aggressive.
Teachers learn to successfully manage and instruct difficult students by:
- seeing each student as a person worthy of his or her time and attention,
- treating students firmly and fairly,
- enforcing consistent expectations,
- creating a safe and secure classroom,
- ensuring that the classroom priority is learning and the dominant attitude is respect, and
- recognizing the potential in all students.
These techniques have been found to be effective with students who have significant behavioral problems as well as students in the general education population.
- Facing the Challenge
- The Classroom Climate
- Ineffective Classroom Management Techniques
- Successful Behavior Management Techniques
- Behavior Intervention Plans
- Understanding Aggression
- Dealing With Aggressive Behavior
- Verbally Dealing With Aggression
- Use of Time-Out
- Bully-Proofing the Classroom
- Physical Intervention With Aggressive Students
- Breaking Up Fights
- Police Intervention and Community Agency Involvement
- Working Effectively With Parents
- Administrative Issues
Appendices contain multiple sample forms and examples of procedures.176 pages, 6 x 9, softcover 2018 ISBN 978-1-4164-1130-7